A GLIMPSE OF HEAVEN IN BULACAN - VISITA IGLESIA MARCH 2017

I have always wanted to go on a pilgrimage (local or foreign) but never really exerted the effort to join one. So when they announced the Visita Iglesia 2017 Bulacan Pilgrimage, I was totally ecstatic. And I wasn’t disappointed. First church we went to was the St. John the Baptist in Calumpit and I was so happy that they had in their possession the relic of St. John himself underneath a gigantic painting of him baptizing Jesus. I have just finished reading the 4 Gospels so I really felt this picture was almost jumping out at me.



All the other paintings were breathtaking as well including the ceiling and chandeliers. And I was in tears after praying my heart out to the relic of St. John that felt very alive and powerful. I wiped my face towel on the relic and told my daughter Sofie that I will never ever wash it again much to her dismay.
I was in awe at all the other churches we went to after that, particularly Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, St. Martin of Tours and St. Francis of Assissi . Visiting all these churches really amazed me seeing how passionate the Bulacenos are with their faith and their churches which showcase their love for God, Jesus, Mama Mary, all the angels and saints at every corner and ceiling and space that it can occupy. And praying the Way of the Cross for the Holy Souls in Purgatory was very meaningful for me as I have a deep devotion for these poor souls. But the denouement came when we arrived at our final destination, the National Shrine of the Divine Mercy. Seeing the 100 ft. statue of the Divine Mercy super kaduper excited me, manghang mangha ako. You see, I am not rich and the only material possession I treasure at home is a portrait of the Divine Mercy which I touch and pray to every day. In the revelation of 1934 to Sr. Faustina, Jesus said the Divine Mercy image is a vessel to which we should keep coming to receive graces. He called it the very source of God’s Mercy. In the vision of December 1935, He described it as an instrument, by which He will always grant graces.This is truly an important presence in my home/life, a living gift Jesus has given to me that’s why I treasure it will all my heart and talk and touch this image everyday.
I felt so much joy in the shrine because the people there had so much love for Christ that they erected this homage to glorify God as big as they can. And it showed in every corner of that place, as there were life size paintings and statues of the Pieta, Divine Mercy, Our Lady of Fatima, the Tomb of Christ, etc. Finally when I reached the main church at the summit, my heart was bursting inside of me for there in the middle was the Divine Mercy portrait surrounded by statues of angels plus numerous saints on stained glass. I wanted to shout aloud: Take Me Lord, I’m Ready! This was it for me, I felt like I was in heaven already and I didn’t wanna leave. Which is why we were the only ones Bus A was waiting for as we were bound to return to the city (apologies to all my busmates). With that said, this VI truly ignited my passion for Christ, Mama Mary and all the saints and angels and it enriched my faith and touched my heart so much that I am grateful for LH and am looking forward to next year’s VI again. Praise God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment