The Bible is the source of our spiritual, emotional, financial and physical nourishment. All that we need to know about ourselves and the way we should live is contained in God's Word. To live and breathe God's Word will give the soul the strength it needs to overcome temptations and make the right decisions. To feed the soul each day with wisdom and knowledge will make it less susceptible to demonic possession and spiritual weakness. You will be stronger and wiser against the snares and temptations of the devil.
II. THE HOLY ROSARY
"The Rosary is the weapon. It is the most powerful weapon to touch the Heart of Jesus, Our Redeemer, Who so loves His Mother." - Padre Pio
"The Rosary is the scourge of the devil." - Pope Adrian VI
The moment I found out that I was being harassed and victimized by witches, the first thing I did was light a candle and kneel to pray the rosary. Since then I have made it my vow to recite the rosary each day because it is indeed the most powerful weapon against evil.
The Rosary is a gift from the Blessed Mother and she gave 15 promises to those who will pray the rosary everyday. If you become a devotee of the rosary evil will flee from your life and Our Lady will smile upon you each day. One instance I prayed 3 rosaries for 3 days, and on the 3rd day Mother Mary appeared to me and told me that she was always hidden by my side cheering me on and supporting me in good times and in bad. How blessed is a life filled with love from Our Beloved Mother.
Secret Power of The Holy Rosary by Georgy
Often Father Gabriel Amorth, Chief Exorcist of the Vatican writes: One day a colleague of mine heard the devil say during an exorcism, “Every Hail Mary is like a blow on my head. If Christians knew how powerful the Rosary was, it would be my end.”
The secret that makes this prayer so effective is that the Rosary is both prayer and meditation. It is addressed to the Father, to the Blessed Virgin, and to the Holy Trinity, and is a meditation centered on Christ.
I write in addition to the above: Please enunciate each word of the Rosary clearly and distinctly. Do not trample on the heels of the words of anyone with your words.. Do not speak over the leader if you are following or the respondent if you are leading the Rosary. Remember that they also are having a conversation with Mary Our Mother and it is not polite to speak when someone else is speaking.
In the case of the public Rosary there are only two people speaking: the Leader and the respondents. Each is speaking to the Blessed Mother and listening carefully to her response within their hearts as they meditate on the scene before them in their consideration of the mystery being spoken of and interpreted and translated into their lives.
Spread this powerful prayer of exorcism, the Rosary, which contains the Our Father, the Perfect Prayer, prayed five times in the recitation of each set of the Rosary’s Mysteries, backed up by the powerful prayers of Our Mother who prays with us as we pray 53 Hail Mary’s.
The Eternal Father described to a group of us, through a Visionary Friend of mine, what happens when we pray the Rosary, saying, “When you pray Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now……, the Blessed Mother comes instantly to your side to pray with you. And she does not come alone. She brings angels with her. And not just one or two for she is the Queen of Angels, so choirs of angels come with her. And she and Jesus are joined at the heart and cannot be separated so she brings Jesus with her. And Jesus cannot be separated from the Trinity so He brings the Father and the Holy Spirit with Him.
And where the Holy Trinity is, all of creation is, and you are surrounded by such beauty and light as you cannot imagine in this life. Your Mother comes as Our Lady of Grace with her hands outstretched. Rays of light emit from her hands piercing your body, healing you and filling you with graces. This is your inheritance which was poured out from the heart of Jesus on the Cross, when the centurion pierced His Heart with the spear, into the only pure vessel ready to receive such graces at that time, Your Mother.
Now as you pray the Rosary, or even just recite one Hail Mary, you receive your portion of these graces. He also said at this time, “Anyone who goes to Mary and prays the Rosary cannot be touched by Satan.”
Is it any wonder that anyone who prays the Rosary from the heart is so blessed and protected and powerful in their prayers for others? Come, let us ask our Mother’s intercession more often.
EVIDENCE FROM THE PAST by Aditya Tawde
1. St. Dominic got the revelation from Mary & crushed the Albigensian heresy only through the recitation of the ROSARY
2 . The Battle of Lepanto 1571 was miraculously won by the recitation of the ROSARY. Historians still can not find why the turks who were thrice in proportion to the small Catholic fleet could not win the battle . In between a meeting with the cardinals Pope Pius V interrupted the meeting & went to pray the ROSARY. At the end of his prayer he came & announced the Victory of the Catholic Army over the turks . It was Divine revelation.
3. When the saintly Pius VII was taken captive by Napolean & subjected to indignities & sufferings, it was our Divine Mother that consoled & strengthened him , so that on 24th May 1814 he was able to return in triumph to his See in Rome . The pope in gratitude for delivery from his bondage,established the feast of “Mary Help of Christians” on 24th May.
4. Miracle of the Sun at Fatima, 1917 – The most well known miracle which is associated with the Rosary is the miracle related to the appearances of the Virgin Mary in Fatima, Portugal in 1917. Here three children claimed a lady appeared to them on multiple occasions, referring to herself as the “Lady of the Rosary”, asking that they “pray the Rosary every day” and asking the three children to give other messages to the people of the world. Since people would most likely not believe the children regarding these appearances, the “Lady of the Rosary” promised to perform a public miracle as proof. At her final appearance to the children in October 1917, over 70,000 people gathered at the site of the appearances in expectation of the miracle the children mentioned she would perform. That afternoon, an unexplainable miracle of the sun was experienced by over 70,000 people. This was printed in Fatima newspapers the following day which gave credence to the message the Virgin Mary gave to the three children.
5. Rosary Miracle at Hiroshima – August 6th, 1945 – There was a home eight blocks (about 1 kilometer) from where the A-Bomb went off in Hiroshima Japan. This home had a church attached to it which was completely destroyed, but the home survived, and so did the eight German Jesuit missionaries who prayed the rosary in that house faithfully everyday.
6. Russians Pullout of Austria, 1948 – After World War ll. the Allies turned over Catholic Austria to communist Russia. For three years the Austrian people endured this tyranny. Then, a Franciscan priest, Father Petrus, remembered how the Christians although greatly outnumbered had defeated the Turks at the Battle of Lepanto through the Rosary, and he launched a Rosary crusade. Through it 70,000 people, one tenth of the Austrian population, pledged to say the Rosary daily for the Soviets to leave their country. Austria was valuable to the Russians because of its strategic location, rich mineral deposits and oil reserves. Yet on May 13, 1955, the anniversary of the first apparition of Our Lady at Fatima, the Russians signed the agreement to leave Austria, and they did so without one person being killed and without one shot being fired. It is the only time that the militant atheistic forces of Marxism have ever peacefully left a country in which they held power. Military strategists and historians are baffled as to why the Russians pulled out. But we are not – it was the power of the Rosary. This is just one of countless stories about the power of the Rosary!
7. The Country That Saved Itself – Brazil 1962 – In 1962 there was a looming threat of communist takeover in Brazil. A woman there named Dona Amelia Bastos was known to have formed a Rosary rally among the Brazilian women there to do their part in opposing the looming threat. Their goal was simply to pray the Rosary in large groups asking the Virgin Mary for help in opposing the Communist takeover which the President of Brazil was leaning toward at the time. In Belo Horizonte 20,000 women reciting the rosary aloud broke up a Communist rally. In Sao Paulo, 600,000 women praying the rosary in one of the most moving demonstrations in Brazilian history, caused the President of Brazil to flee the country and not a single death was encountered, sparing the country from Communist takeover.
LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT EVIDENCE : THE MOTHER OF JESUS PROMISED ST. DOMINIC THAT, “ONE DAY THROUGH THE ROSARY & THE SCAPULAR I SHALL SAVE THE WORLD!”
AND AT FATIMA 1917 SHE SAID : "PRAY THE ROSARY DAILY TO OBTAIN PEACE IN THE WORLD & TO END WARS"
Saint Benedict used the Cross to dispel evil and exorcise demons. It is a symbol of faith in God and his devotion to Christianity and his zeal to bring the light and spirit of God to everyone in his path. With the cross at his side, St Benedict dedicated his life to bring the light of Jesus to nations and bring them out of the darkness of paganism.
St. Benedict, blessed by God both in grace and in name, Patriarch of Western Monasticism, and founder of the Order which bear his name, was born in Nursia, Italy, in 480 and died in 547. As the Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ was chief object of devotion among the first Christians, so was it also with St. Benedict. It was this devotion to the Cross, the sign of our redemption, that gave rise to the Medal of St. Benedict, for devotion to the sign of our salvation. The Saint often employed the sign of the Cross to work miracles and to overcome the devil and his temptations. Hence from the earliest centuries after his death he represented bearing the Cross of Christ and the Holy Rule.
In my experience, the Medal of the the Cross of St. Benedict is a very powerful weapon against witches and evil spirits. I have it in my pocket and on all the doors in my house. It will only be efficacious if blessed by a Benedictine priest. It is the only medal in existence that the Church has honored with a special exorcism. The following is the blessing proper aproved by the Sacred Congregation:
V. Our help is in the name of the Lord.
R. Who hath made heaven and earth.
I exorcise you, O medals, by God the Father Almighty, who hath made heaven and earth and all things that are in them. May all the power of the enemy, the entire diabolical host, all the assaults, all the illusions of Satan be removed and expelled from these medals; that they may be conductive to the health, both of mind and of body, of those who shall use them; in the name of the Father Almighty, and of Jesus Christ His Son, Our Lord, and of The Holy Spirit the Paraclete, and in the charity of the same Jesus Christ, Our Lord, who shall come to judge the living and the dead and the world by fire, Amen.
Let us Pray
Almight God, giver of all good things, we humbly beseech Thee that, through the intercession of St. Benedict Thou wilt impart to these medals Thy Benediction; in order that all who carry them and earnestly strive to perform good works, may deserve to obtain health of mind and body, the grace of sanctification and the indulgences granted to us; also that they may endeavor, with Thy merciful help, to escape all the snares and deceits of the devil and may be able to appear holy and stainless in Thy sight, Through Christ, Our Lord, Amen.
(The medals are then sprinkled with holy water.)
No special way of carrying or applying the medal is prescribed. It may be worn about the neck, attached to the scapular or rosary, or can be carried about on one's person. It may be dipped into water or medicine to be given to the sick, or it may be applied to their wounds. Often placed in the foundation of houses, hung over the doors or walls of dwelling places, stables, barns or attached to automobiles to call down God's blessing and the protection of St. Benedict and the power of the Church's blessing.
The Medal of St. Benedict is a very effective way to ward off evil spirits and witchcraft. It can also be used for extraordinary favors by praying the novena or triduum, making each day the Way of the Cross, or reciting 5 Our Fathers and Hail Mary's in honor of the Five Wounds of Our Lord, and saying some prayers in honor of St. Benedict. In time of temptation, it is advisable to hold the Medal in one's hand, kiss it reverently and make use of the ejaculatory prayers on the Medal.
Holy Cross be my light and never should satan be my chief! Get behind me satan!...are evil the drinks you pour me. Drink yourself your own poison. In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit Amen.
The Catholic Church uses incense as an offering to God. The fragrant smoke symbolizes our prayers rising to Heaven and purifying what it touches. Evil spirits and witches are literally incensed by it's smell. The stick type works but the powder type is much better. You can buy the powder type from religious stores and it can come with a coal that easily ignites.
V. HOLY/BLESSED OIL
There are a variety of oils like eucalyptus, menthol, coconut, sampaguita or even baby oil that is blessed with holy water by the priest that can be a very effective healing balm. It can be used to heal aches and pains or contradict any affected part of the body that is targeted by magic spells or witchcraft. I have relatives with bloated organs or body parts that have healed when applied with holy oil. No poison or curse can withstand the power of blessed oil.
VI. THE BLESSED SACRAMENT
"Your prayers are strongest at the Consecration in Holy Mass (raising of the Host and Chalice). Each time we look at the Most Blessed Sacrament our place in Heaven is raised forever. -revealed by Our Lord to St. Gertrude the Great
Don Bosco has many times encouraged visiting the Blessed Sacrament. "The Visit to the Blessed Sacrament," he once said, "is an extremely necessary way to conquer the devil. Therefore, go often to visit Jesus and the devil will not come out victorious against you." “Do you want many graces? Go and visit the Blessed Sacrament often. Do you want few graces? Visit the Blessed Sacrament rarely. Do you want none at all? Then never pay a visit to the Blessed Sacrament.”
The Blessed Sacrament is the True Presence of Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. It is like standing next to Him and any evil entity will surely evaporate from His Holy Presence. In reality, the Host is the resurrected, living Christ, having been transformed during Mass at the consecration. Any lukewarm soul will grow fervent if we spend quality time with Christ in the Blessed Sacrament. If you pray in silence with a repentant heart in front of His body, surely Jesus will speak to you and comfort you in your misery and humility.
Each time we receive Holy Communion, our venial sins are forgiven.
Christ revealed to St. Gertrude the Great that each time 1 person receives Holy Communion, something good happens to every being in heaven, on earth and in purgatory.
The Curate of Ars said that a Communion well received is worth more than 20,000 Francs given to the poor.
Each time we receive Communion, our place in heaven is raised forever, our stay in purgatory shortened.
After receiving Holy Communion, Our Lord said we should pray: “Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, may the whole world burn with love for You”. (revelation to Gabrielle Bossis in France)
WE SHOULD NEVER LET A DAY PASS WITHOUT GOING TO HOLY COMMUNION!
The Sacrament of Reconciliation provides healing for the soul as well as to regain the grace of God lost by sin.
According to Pope John Paul II, who went to confession weekly, there are advantages in frequent confession. We are renewed in fervor, strengthened in our resolutions and
supported by divine encouragement if we practice going to the Sacrament of Penance often and regularly in order to grow in holiness.
VIII. WAY OF THE CROSS
The Station of the Cross is a popular devotion consisting of appropriate meditations before each of 14 stations representing successive stages in the Passion of Our Lord. The Way of the Cross is the most heavily indulgenced devotion in the Catholic Church; it is a devotion reputed to have been originated by Our Lady herself, who, legend has it, set up the original Way of the Cross in Her backyard in Ephesus. Moreover, the great saints all affirm that meditation on the Passion and Death of Our Dear Savior is the most fruitful that one can engage in. Brother Estanislao (1903 - 1927)
At the age of 18, a young Spaniard entered the Novitiate of the Brothers of the Christian Schools at Bugedo. He took the Vow of Regularity, Perfection and Pure Love. In October 1926, he offered himself to Jesus through Mary. Soon after this heroic donation, he fell ill and was obliged to rest. He died saintly in March 1927. He was, according to the Master of Novices, a Privileged Soul, who received Messages from Heaven. Confessors and Director asked him to write the Promises made by OUR LORD to those who have devotion to the Way of the Cross.
1. I'll grant everything that's asked of Me with Faith, when making The Way of the Cross.
2. I promise Eternal Life to those who pray from time to time, The Way of the Cross.
3. I'll follow them everywhere in life and I'll help them especially at the hour of death.
4. Even if they have more sins than blades of grass in the fields, and grains of sand in the sea, all of them will be erased by The Way of The Cross. (Note: This promise doesn't eliminate the obligation to confess all mortal sins, and this, before we can receive Holy Communion.)
5. Those who pray The Way of The Cross often, will have a special glory in Heaven.
6. I'll deliver them from Purgatory, indeed if they go there at all, the first Tuesday or Friday after their death.
7. I'll bless them at each Way of The Cross, and My blessing will follow them everywhere on earth and, after their death, in Heaven for all Eternity.
8. At the hour of death I won't permit the devil to tempt them; I'll lift all power from him in order that they'll repose tranquilly in My Arms.
9. If they pray it with true love, I'll make of each one of them a living Ciborium in which it will please Me to pour My grace.
10. I'll fix My Eyes on those who pray The Way of The Cross often; My hands will always be open to protect them.
11. As I am nailed to the Cross, so also will I always be with those who honor Me in making The Way of the Cross frequently.
12. They'll never be able to separate themselves from Me, for I'll give them the grace never again to commit a Mortal sin.
13. At the hour of death I'll console them with My Presence and we'll go together to heaven. Death will be sweet to all those who have honored Me during their lives by praying The Way of The Cross.
14. My soul will be a protective shield for them, and will always help them, whenever they have recourse.
"Jesus, Mary, I love you, Save Souls"
"Next to the Mass, The Way of the Cross is the most beneficial of all devotions for the Holy Souls in Purgatory". "Make the Stations of the Cross everyday". Our Lord to Sr. Josefa Menendez.St. Alphonsus Liguori wrote:"If you pray you are positive of saving your soul. If you do NOT pray you are just as positive of losing your soul."
A SHORT WAY OF THE CROSS.
THE 15 PRAYERS revealed by Our Lord to Saint Bridget of Sweden.
On July 16, 1251, Our Lady appeared to St. Simon Stock, the Father of the Carmelite Order, and presented him with the Scapular. St. Simon's story began as an English hermit that lived in the hollow of a tree. He received the name "stock" because he lived in the hollowed trunk or stock of a tree. In time he would become a Carmelite and later the Father General of the order. He led the order during a time of great struggle. The Carmelites in the beginning were hermits on Mount Carmel, near Nazareth in the Holy Land. When they migrated to Europe, in this case England, some decided to no longer be hermits and instead became friars who would work among the people. St. Simon guided them through this state of transition. In the year 1251 a miraculous vision took place. St. Simon Stock, newly transplanted to England, prayed fervently to Our Lady for Her help. Then: To him appeared the Blessed Virgin with a multitude of angels, holding the Scapular of the order in her blessed hands.
Our Lady gave St. Simon a scapular for the Carmelites with the following promise saying : "Receive, My beloved son, this habit of thy order: this shall be to thee and to all Carmelites a privilege, that whosoever dies clothed in this shall never suffer eternal fire . It shall be a sign of salvation, a protection in danger, and a pledge of peace".Another important aspect of wearing the Scapular is the Sabbatine Privilege. This concerns a promise made by Our Lady to Pope John XXII. In a papal letter he issued, he recounted a vision that he had had. He stated that the Blessed Virgin had said to him in this vision, concerning those who wear the Brown Scapular: "I, the Mother of Grace, shall descend on the Saturday after their death and whomsoever I shall find in Purgatory, I shall free, so that I may lead them to the holy mountain of life everlasting."
X. THE MASS
Many of us are not aware of how important the Holy Mass is in nourishing our souls. It may not be fantastical or extravagant but the benefits of the Mass are truly underrated. Here are the reasons why we should attend Mass everyday:
GRACES DERIVED FROM ASSISTING AT HOLY MASS
1. The Mass is Calvary continued.
2. Every Mass is worth as much as the sacrifice of Our Lord's life, sufferings and death.
3. Holy Mass is the most powerful atonement for your sins.
4. At the hour of death the Masses you have heard will be your greatest consolation.
5. Every Mass will go with you to judgement and plead for pardon.
6. At Mass you can diminish more or less temporal punishment due to your sins, according to your fervor.
7. Assisting devoutly at Holy Mass you render to the Sacred Humanity of Our Lord the greatest homage.
8. He supplies for many of your negligences and omissions.
9. He forgives the venial sins which you have not confessed. The power of Satan over you is diminished.
10. You afford the souls in Purgatory the greatest possible relief.
11. One Mass heard during your life will be of more benefit to you than many heard for you after your death.
12. You are preserved from dangers and misfortunes which otherwise might have befallen you. You shorten your stay in Purgatory.
13. Every Mass wins for you a higher degree of glory in Heaven.
14. You receive the priest's blessing which Our Lord ratifies in Heaven.
15. You kneel amidst a multitude of holy angels, who are present at the Adorable Sacrifice with reverential awe.
16. You are blessed in your temporal goods and affairs.
In eternity we shall fully realize that it was certainly worthwhile to have assisted at Holy Mass daily. Pray for priests that they may offer the Mass with holy love and reference.
St. Bonaventure said that "Whoever neglected Our Lady would perish in his sins and would be damned".
Fasting is one of the most beneficial and most powerful tool in order to become closer to God and the poor. It makes us become more open, more trusting, more focused and more sensitive to the Lord. The spirit is healed and guided from sin and blessings overflow when we give up our gastronomic pleasures to rely solely on Jesus as our food to strive on. I have never experienced a more intimate and deeper enthusiasm for God until I committed myself to 40 Days of Prayers and Fasting. Sure my fasting only lasted for 23 days but I totally reaped a spiritual harvest like no other. To deny ourselves material pleasure in order to feed our spiritual hunger is one of the most rewarding sacrifices a person can do in his lifetime. To show Jesus that you love him through fasting will truly touch His Sacred Heart and he will feed you wonders through the Holy Spirit. So instead of eating, spend it in prayer, reading Scripture, writing your journal, spending time in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament, and reading spiritual books. I guarantee that you will hear God's voice in your state of openness and humility.