PRAYER OF THE DEPRESSED

O glorious St. Michael,
       the Archangel,
       leader of the angels
              who stood
              against Lucifer and his devils,
I stand before you
       with a broken heart,
       weighed down by problems which
       I cannot understand nor solve.


Your sword was instrumental
       in the defeat of Satan,
       the prince of darkness.
I beseech you --
       help me withstand
       this darkness that
       engulfs me and my life.


Protect me
       from negative thoughts
       and lift my spirit
              whenever I feel that
              everything will go wrong.


Lead me to a total trust
and confidence in God.
       As you surrender your will to Him,
       give me the same courage
       to follow you.


Let me savor
       how it is to live
       in the light of God
       who gives meaning
       to everything 
       that happens to us.


Guide me to understand
       the CROSS of JESUS
       so that my sorrow
       will be my salvation.


Let me see
       the hand of God
       in all events of my life
              so that I may always
              hope that something good
              will come out from 
              the bad things 
              that happened to me.


Accompany me, St. Michael,
in this difficult journey
       to find new meaning
       and purpose to my life.


Light your sword in this darkness
       so that I may see
       Jesus and His Mother, Mary.
Someday, may we see each other
       in the bliss of heaven,
       where all tears will be wiped away. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment